-
January 30th, 2004, 08:13 PM
#1
Inactive Member
David,Out of curiosity, do you find making movies more enjoyable now or were they more enjoyable in the golden years of the 70's? Certainly they were less expensive to make then, but what about artistic considerations? If less enjoyable now, why? If more so, also why?
Thanks,
Ed T.
-
February 1st, 2004, 04:24 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Ed T.,
Sorry it took so long to get back to you, but my pc is having trouble replying, all the messages come up in gobbledigook. I'm on the Mac! Hard to say! I had great teachers in the 70's, so I'm probably a little predjudiced in my views. Gut feeling is that Films have become a product rather then a work of art. But this is as it's been through out history. As soon as it becomes a big buck thing the money managers take over and any art form becomes a chinese laundry list...one from column a, two from column b and away we go! I kinda opted out of the american market and went my separate way to europe, not as much money but freedom to express and learn the craft. I see changes happening, however, recently. The market, for lack of a better word, is asking for more meaningful subjects and better acting, so maybe this forshadows a change in the U.S. There are always the little independent films and as long as they exist, I'll continue to do them. It's never been about money for me...somehow I manage to scrape by. So, in answer to your question. More freedom, less interference and better scripts in the 70's, but if you look at the parallel industries, music, art, radio, they all have been bereft of talent and originality until the past couple of years, so it's no surprise to me. T.V. has ruined real film making because, if you think about it the indie movies have become the made for tv venues...It's a big subject and I've barely scratched the surface.
David
-
October 22nd, 2004, 07:06 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Exactly. Want to see a good film, look in foreign, indy or anything before 1997.
I seriously need a trip to the 70's. [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] Anyone working on a time machine? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks